Mr. Lim has over 22 years of experience in strategic planning, business management, worldwide program management, process development and implementation, organization development and implementation, alliance management, and systems development.
He is an experienced change agent and has excellent facilitation skills which he uses to take conflicting, complex views and distill them down to straight forward questions to address. He has demonstrated the ability to work with business executives, technical management, and technology experts to reach business objectives.
Prior to consulting, Mr. Lim was responsible for new product development at a $7 billion company. He obtained his MBA from The Wharton School in 1993.
- Assessment to Merge Two Data Centers Led a team to assess whether two companies could reduce cost, without sacrificing service quality, by merging their data centers. The team included the CIO and Director of Operations from each company. The two Chief Financial Officers approved the recommendation to proceed with implementation.
- IT Strategic Plan Worked with the CIO to develop the department strategic plan and then with each of his managers to develop supporting strategic plans. Each plan included a mission statement, strategies to support the mission, and plans that aligned with fiscal year objectives. I also implemented a tracking process to report on the status of fiscal year objectives every six months.
- ITIL Service Management Process Implementation Developed and implemented Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) processes to improve service quality for an on-line knowledge base at a specialty material company.
- ITIL Service Management Process Development Developed ITIL Service Support and Delivery processes for a proposed joint venture merging data centers from two companies. The joint venture will own the merged data center and needed processes to ensure service quality and efficiency. The companies are in the process of negotiating terms and conditions.
- Assessment of Support Processes Using ITIL Led a team of consultants to identify industry best practices for mainframe application support and assess one division against those best practices. We utilized Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) as the premier set of best practices and exceeded expectations. The client expanded our scope to cover the remaining three divisions.
- Reducing Complexity to Improve Profit Led a business team to determine if the company could increase profit by reducing the number of products manufactured and the number of customers supported. The team included the vice-presidents and staff of three business units. We identified $4 million in cost savings within two months. We also developed a process to continuously evaluate customers and grades to optimize profits.
- E-Business Strategy Worked with business unit VPs, the CIO, and a leading technology supplier to develop an e-business strategy for the corporation. The CEO approved the strategy and the corporation implemented the initiatives.
- E-Business Implementation Led a team to define, develop, implement, and market an on-line knowledge base for metallurgical information. Used disciplined change and project management processes to complete the project on budget, on schedule, while exceeding functional requirements. The company is actively marketing the on-line knowledge base as “best in class” and is using it to reinforce their image as the technology leader.
- Application Development Structure Developed an organization structure for a 50-person application development department to improve responsive and efficiency. Identify service level metrics to ensure the department was meeting business client needs.
- Business Strategy and Implementation Identified business opportunities, developed product strategies, led product development, and implemented business plans for Honeywell Industrial Controls. Created and managed three businesses in fifteen years. The third captured $100 million in sales in its first year and was recognized as the “most successful product launch” in Honeywell’s 1999 Annual Report.
- Mr. Lim is a Principal of the LimNorris Consulting Group, a management consulting firm providing strategic planning, organization structure, process development, and management coaching to information technology departments and companies.
- Prior to consulting, Mr. Lim developed and grew businesses with an outstanding record that resulted in gaining the position of Program Manager responsible for new product development at a $7 billion company. Accomplishments:
- Successfully completed a $40 million, 100-person worldwide development program that included business management, marketing, software development, hardware development, and project management.
- Successfully integrated and coalesced hardware and software development teams from seven locations around the world, each reporting to a different organization.
- Information technology strategic planning, organization design, process development and implementation, service level tracking and improvement, and management coaching.
- Development of project management processes, implementation of project management processes, hands-on program management, and coaching project managers.
- Business strategic planning and implementation of strategic plans.
- Financial analysis and assessment.
- Masters of Business Administration from The Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania, 1993.
- Bachelors in Chemical Engineering from the University of Michigan, 1979. Graduated Summa Cum Laude.
Certifications and Training
- Project Management Institute certification for Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) certification in Service Management Essentials
- Computer System Validation certification for Pharmaceutical or other FDA-regulated environments
- Faculty Member, University of Phoenix (Philadelphia campus)