Ms. Norris has over thirty years experience in strategic and operations planning, infrastructure management, organization development and implementation, coaching senior management, and process development and implementation.
Prior to consulting, Ms. Norris was the CIO for a $3 billion company and obtained her MBA from The Wharton School. She has hands-on experience in leading worldwide Information Technology organizations and small business organizations through business, technology and organization change. She has demonstrated the ability to work with all levels of an organization, quickly assess situations, and lead the implementation of change.
- Data Center Organization Structure Developed the organization structure for a joint venture data center responsible for operations, infrastructure support, and infrastructure projects for two companies. Identified the number and type of positions needed to cost-effectively provide quality service. The two companies are in the process of negotiating terms and conditions.
- IT Strategic Plan Worked with the client CIO to develop the department strategic plan and then with each of his managers to develop supporting strategic plans. Each plan included a mission statement, strategies to support the mission, and plans that aligned with fiscal year objectives. Implemented a tracking process to report on the status of fiscal year objectives every six months.
- ITIL Service Level Management Assessed the current state of service management and facilitated the discussions that resulted in a decision to centralize service management within the IT Department. Using the ITIL best practices methodology as the framework, I coached the newly appointed Service Level Manager to understand and document the responsibilities of the function and developed a plan to implement a service level management function.
- IT Management As CIO and in other senior management positions, formulated strategy and implemented the company’s computing and communications (voice and data) infrastructure. Accomplishments:
- Developed and implement an IT strategic plan and organization structure focused on value to the company, increased productivity and process improvements resulting in the delivery of projects that meet cost, schedule and performance criteria.
- Successfully led, worldwide, both centralization and decentralization of the IT infrastructure (computing, data, and voice) to improve efficiency and reduce operating costs.
- Directed the implementation of improved data center operations processes and procedures to increase efficiency, reduce paper distribution, tape mounts, and manual operator interventions.
- Directed the development, implementation, and maintenance of: domestic and worldwide business systems; end-user computing solutions; and worldwide telecommunication systems to cost-effectively support the company operations.
- IT Operations Assumed full responsibility for reliable and cost effective IT operations in various roles over the years including project manager, network operations (voice and data), system performance and capacity planning, security, business continuity planning, system analyst, and programmer.
- Business Strategy Worked with the CIO, in alliance with a leading business consultant, to develop a business strategy for a client’s corporation. Conducted an initial technology assessment, worked with the team to understand the business opportunities and developed information technology evaluation and recommendations aligned with the new organization strategy.
- Ms. Norris is a Principal of the LimNorris Consulting Group, a management consulting firm providing strategic planning, organization structure, process development, and management coaching to information technology departments and companies.
- Prior to consulting, Ms. Norris worked and managed in Information Technology organizations with an outstanding record that resulted in gaining the position of Chief Information Officer for a multi-billion dollar company. She has successfully led organizations through technology, process and organization change.
- Information Technology strategic planning, implementation of strategic plans, management coaching at all organization levels, and on-going operations management.
- Information Technology organization design, process development and implementation, and service level tracking and improvement.
- Development of Information Technology operations processes, implementation of the processes, and coaching project managers.
- Development of Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) processes for Service Support and Service Delivery.
- Development of financial forecasts, models, and analysis.
- Masters of Business Administration from The Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania, 1993.
- Bachelors in Mathematics from Temple University, 1967.
Associations and Activities
- Chair, Board of Directors, Women's Association for Women's Alternatives - $5 million local non profit organization
- Faculty Member, University of Phoenix (Philadelphia Campus)
- Certified Project Management Professional (PMP) from the Project Management Institute
- International IT Service Management Forum
- Member, Eastern Technology Council CIO Institute